BLOGGER TEMPLATES + TUMBLR LAYOUTS + TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, February 18, 2011

Save NPR!

government funding may be cut from public stations such as npr and pbs. i am an avid follower of npr, so i was extremely sad when i heard the original plan that all funding was to be cut from the organizations. i'm glad lawmakers decided against a totally funding cut, but i hope they realize how valuable the resource is to the community. i was on npr.org today and, for today, have decided to compile a few of my favorite things from the site. 




this illustration exhibit premiered at the new york transit museum on valentines day this year. the artist, sophie blackwall, was inspired by the "missed connections" section of craigslist. her illustrations are simple and beautiful and lighthearted. 




i'm always looking for a good book to read, and whenever i'm at a loss i turn to npr to point me in the right direction.  36 arguments for the existence of god, and room are the next two on my list, as recommended by npr. read their descriptions at the link above. 




npr is also the best site for listening to new music and getting great album reviews. my current favorite is Adele's new album "21". her voice is so powerful, and her lyrics are equally beautiful. you can listen to the entire album at npr's website. 





3 comments:

  1. I LOVE ADELE! She's my girl :). And both of those books look goood. Officially added them to my list...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know you listened to Adele!!! I'm OBSESSED with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i know, her voice is so beautiful!
    and malori, all the boarders in the city are closing, so there are pretty good sales right now if you want to stock up!!

    ReplyDelete